Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Winter Wonderland

Hello blogging friends!

I am here today with another winter layout. This time I used with the amazing JustNick Studio Nordic Background 2 digital cut file. I just love the warm, comfy feel of that Nordic pattern with my winter photos. It's very... hygge (Yes, I learned a new word!)  In Danish, hygge (pronounced “HUE-gah”) means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. Take a look at my layout and you will see what I mean. I used the beautiful Simple Stories Winter Wonderland collection.



I wanted this layout to coordinate with another layout I did at the end of December using the Nordic Background cut file, but yet I wanted it to be slightly different. The Nordic pattern of this cut file is divided into 2 triangles. I decided to arrange these at the top and bottom of my layout and create some white space on the right side. Using pennant flags reinforced the triangle pattern.  Here are some close-ups...







I love adding some machine stitching over this Nordic pattern for texture.





Here is the background cut file I used.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Stay warm and cozy ( Hygge ) !


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!