Friday, March 3, 2017

Domestic Bliss - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with some Simple Stories Domestic Bliss inspiration. This is such a fun collection for your everyday photos around the house. The tongue in cheek humor will make you laugh, guaranteed! The pattern papers are gorgeous with colors perfect for Spring paper crafting too.

For my first layout, I wanted to scrap a family photo with the 4x6 journal card with a house and the quote "Love my home, love the people there". I thought it would be fun to mimic one of the pattern papers with pie charts and create my own super-sized pie chart. I sized one of the openings to fit the journal card, then backed the other spaces with different pattern papers. Here is how it turned out...


I embellished with a Bits & Pieces die cut house, sofa, lamp, and picture frame to reinforce the home theme. I then added some chipboard flowers and enamel dots for dimension.


This collection has some wonderful Decorative Brads and Epoxy Metal Clips.


For my title "BLISS", I used some stickers from the 4x6 Sticker Sheets. You can also see one of the Domestic Bliss washi tapes just under my photo. Aren't those hearts just perfect!


I also made a couple of box cards using the World's Best Mom cut file from SVGcuts. These are so fun. I love that they can be used as decor pieces too and give joy to the recipient for many days.


Wouldn't this make a great housewarming card! I used stickers from the 4x6 sticker sheets for my sentiment on the back of the card. This floral pattern paper is one of my favorites. I love those dainty flowers.


and check out that Decorative Brads alarm clock ... it makes the perfect stove timer, lol. Enamel dots are used for the burner dials on the front of my stove.


Here is what the card looks like from a top down view...


Box cards are a bit addicting, so of course I made a second one, For this box card, I created this wonderful teapot, This one showcases another gorgeous floral pattern paper combined with the pink dotted pattern paper. Chipboard sticker flowers and buttons are combined with a flower sticker and sentiment.


On the back side of the teapot I used a pretty vase of flowers and a "Mom Rules" sticker.


Here is another view so you can see the dimension. A gift card would fit perfectly taped on the inside.


The Domestic Bliss collection is a must in my book and one of my favorites from CHA. Be sure to check it out.

Supplies Used:

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!